The ASN Role
Additional support may be required for any pupil with
· Identified learning needs
· Social or emotional difficulties
· Sensory impairment
· Physical disability
· Young carer responsibilities
· English as an additional language
· Any additional need prohibiting equal opportunity to access to the curriculum
Support may be short-term or long-term, depending on the complexity of the needs of the individual pupil.
We adopt a holistic approach to supporting pupils through secondary school to ensure the health and wellbeing of every pupil with additional support needs in Calderglen High School.
Our Role in Calderglen High School
In Calderglen High School, The Additional Support Needs (ASN) team provide an integrated and collaborative approach to meeting the needs of pupils through in-class support, individual and small group support and ASN classes. We liaise closely with all staff and external agencies involved with pupils and parents.