Learning Away is an initiative that aims to support the positive impact that high-quality residential learning can have for students and teachers. These residentials are integrated into the school curriculum to support the Learning that takes place within the school and on Residential. We like to think of these residentals as Brilliant Residential following our involvement with the Paul Hamlyn foundation.
The Learning Away programme is Co-ordinated by Mr Bleach in Pupil Support/ PE Department
Please follow the link for further details.
The current opportunities for pupils to experience a Brilliant Residential as part of the Learning Away provision are:
- S1 Transition Learning Away 2 Nights October – Broomlee West Linton
- S2 Skills Learning Away 3 Nights October /November – Newtonmore
- S3 Outdoor Learning Masterclass 1 Night Camping November and May – Wiston Lodge
- S4 Challenge Team 1 Night Camping May – Wiston Lodge
- S4 Challenge Team 2 Nights Camping/Bunkhouse – Isle Arran
- S6 Leadership 2 Nights October – Broomlee West Linton
Over and above these residential many other Learning Away experiences run most years and are open to the majority of our pupils that have in interest in these areas. These have included in the past:
S3 Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Walking Practice and Qualifying expeditions
S4 Onwards Silver Duke of Edinburgh Walking Practice and Qualifying expeditions
S4 Onwards Silver Duke of Edinburgh Sailing Expedition with Ocean youth Trust Scotland
S2-S6 London Dance Experience
Senior School Music/Drama London Experience